Does anybody have a suggestion on removing a seized lambda sensor

Does anybody have a suggestion ontechniques for removing a seized lambda sensor from a 2000 Sonata?

Can u tell us what a 'lambda sensor' is and does ? Thanks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_sensor#Function_of_a_lambda_probe
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

Or a torch to heat the manifold up....old trick we ised to use on the ranch...
Steve, AZ

Yes, if you can get it, try; "Marvel Super Lubricant" spray. From the old Marvel Mystery Oil company. It is the best penetrating oil I have seen. I have used it on frozen valves where regular penetrating oil (WD40 and similar) repeatedly failed. Soak the threads in the foam and let stand over night.

WD40 is not a penetrating oil. Not even close. not even a good lubricate.
--

"D&SW" <d& snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
If its a penetrating fluid youre looking for, you need Kroil aerosol ; nothing works as good as this stuff.
Often, the largest difficulty with oxygen sensors is that the wire prohibits installing a full socket on them. My recommendation would be to cut the wire off the sensor and attempt removal with a deep 22mm socket. If the sensor remains difficult to turn after breaking free, use plenty of penetrating oil and turn back and forth in small increments while gradually removing the sensor.