Don't take your car to Mr. Transmission

Page 1 of 2
I had to take my car to the dealership after they were finished with it. Not only did I fork out over $3000 to get it fixed but I had to pay another
$2000 for the dealer to fix it after they were done.
Mr. Transmission Sucks
--
http://mrtransmissionsucks.com

To email me remove the NOSPAM in my email address
Andrew wrote:

Sue them to get your money back.
says...

don't know what his point is except that he got taken with his own consent.
--

Cheers!

Jan

Jan wrote:

If he wishes to make a religion out of hating Mr. Transmission I guess that's his business. Transmissions are very complicated devices and it's easy to make a mistake while re-assembling one.

There was no mistake reassembling the transmission as I had the transmission completely replaced. The dealerships findings: There was a leak in the transmission lines. The transmission cooler placed by Mr. Transmission was not adequate for cooling the transmission. The transmission had the wrong dipstick tube installed and the dipstick was damaged. The transmission was overfilled by five quarts of transmission fluid. This is evidence of gross negligence and incompetence. In addition: the air cleaner box was damaged and vented transmission fluid clogged the mass air filter. An inoperative dash temperature gauge was caused by damaged wiring. Mr Transmission had replaced a sensor which had the sole purpose of doing nothing but supplying the dash temperature gauge. It is very apparent who caused the problems with my temp gauge wiring.
The after market transmission cooler was removed and the transmission lines were rerouted back to the stock cooler. Mr. Transmission had cut to the lines to the stock cooler when they placed on the after market cooler. The transmission cooler, which they replaced the stock cooler with, was designed to be an auxiliary cooler rather then a stand alone cooler. The unit they used was a Hayden 403. When eliminating the stock cooler Hayden states that a large cooler be used. The Hayden 403 is designated as a medium cooler. In addition, Hayden recommends the use of a radiator tank cooler when this is done in order to comply with most auto manufacturer's warranties. This was not done. Having the wrong transmission dipstick tube, a damaged dipstick, and having the transmission overfilled by five quarts speaks very strongly.
You can read about the whole ordeal at http://mrtransmissionsucks.com/main.html
Mr. Transmission Sucks
--
http://mrtransmissionsucks.com

To email me remove the NOSPAM in my email address

And according to Spy Sweeper, when you go to the site he posted and click on a thread spy ware is installed on your computer unless you have a program that checks in real time, like Spy Sweeper, and warns you. Go there with great caution.

Which "thread" (link) installs Spyware? The only external links are mrtransmission.com, ripoffreport.com, and complaints.com.
--
Mr. Transmission Sucks!
http://mrtransmissionsucks.com

I'm taking them into small claims court but I'm hiring an attorney for advice. They have agreed to pay $795.02 for their negligence but are refusing to cover the total costs incurred.
Mr. Transmission Sucks
--
http://mrtransmissionsucks.com

To email me remove the NOSPAM in my email address
Andrew wrote:

trashing the entire company for the incompetence of one store. If you want to rag on them, rag on the specific store that screwed you.
Brian Nystrom wrote:

I must be bored. I just finished reading Andrew's web site rant. I also re-read his posts here. At no point has he disclosed the make/year/model/mileage of his car. I suspect he doesn't even own a Hyundai.
Mr. Transmission in Lakeland, Florida, rebuilt the transmission in my son's 2000 Accent with 95K miles a month ago. The store manager's name is Jerry, and he's a very pleasant fellow to deal with. But Mr. Transmission is just like every other business chain in that your going to find good managers and some bad eggs too.

Screwtape III wrote:

trustworthy. The rebuild they did on my Excel transmission lasted 115K miles, which is impressive when you consider that the orignal only lasted 64K. He's even told me when he didn't think that work was worth it on another car. He's good, he cares about his customers and the quality of the work his people turn out. These are the reasons that he's been in business at the same location for 20-something years. I refer people to him all the time.
OTOH, I've heard horror stories about other AAMCO stores. It's not the name on the building, it's the guys that work there that count.

A franchise has accountability for the actions of their franchises.
--
http://mrtransmissionsucks.com

To email me remove the NOSPAM in my email address
OK Andrew. What *IS* the make/model/year of your car?
Jon

Andrew wrote:

a franchise from a problem franchisee, that's usually the only leverage they have and that may not even be the case. They are not legally liable for poor work by a franchisee unless they are following a policy that comes down from the top. One bad store DOES NOT make for a bad company and you have no right to trash the entire company. It would be within their rights to sue you for defamation. While I fully agree with the action you're taking against the local store - assuming that you're telling the whole truth - what you're attempting to do to the company is wrong. Frankly, the fact that you're unwilling to go to arbitration makes me very suspicious. If your case was as strong and "cut and dried" as you make it out to be, arbitration is the best way to go, as you would win, win quickly and do so at minimal expense.
I'd really love to hear the other side of this story.
"Brian Nystrom" snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote in message

It is obvious that you do not know how good franchises operate. They operate on their "good name" for business and good franchise operators make sure that bad apples are promptly removed. This is not the case of Mr. Transmission as some owners of franchises are not very happy campers. If you get past the intial canned hype at http://www.business-opportunities.biz/2001/11/27/mr-transmission-40-years-of-leadership-in-the-automotive-repair-industry or http://tinyurl.com/cpmo6 if your news reader tears apart the link.
You will see such statements as:
Shane said on October 27th, 2004 at 10:43 pm: Just like Matt's report on RipOffReport, I did my research. Just like Matt, I worked at a shop for almost 20 years ? the work itself I could do with my eyes closed. I believed I could make money with Mr. Transmission. Guess what? NOT A DIME! Guess what else? I FINANCED THE $150,000 INITIAL INVESTMENT WITH A SECOND MORTGAGE!! UNLIKE Matt, this IS going to court. I want EVERY PENNY I put into this AND damages! I don't know about the work of other franchises, but DO NOT BUY INTO THIS SCAM, you will NEVER MAKE MONEY!
Better yet, go to http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q5=Mr.+Transmission&submit2=Search%21&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0 or http://tinyurl.com/7mx2q and read more about the people and franchise owners who have gotten ripped off by Mr. Transmission.
Mr. Transmission attempted to get my website off the net by use of lawyers and I did not budge. It did not work.
As for arbitration... who do you think decides which arbitrator to use? Not me... As you are clueless and need a steer, there are two parties involved in this dispute and one of them is me. I don't chose the place that arbitrates so who do you think will chose?
I'll type out the scenario very slow to you so you can understand. My transmission breaks and it needs replacing. I go to Mr. Transmission and pay over $3000 to have this done. I pick up my car a week later and it breaksdown due to the transmission light going on and transmission fluid venting out. I tow the car back and they keep it a few more weeks. They do such things as replacing an ECT sensor, whose only purpose is to make the dash temp gauge work. In addition they remove my Performance Control Module (PCM), do a compression check on my engine and many other things during those two weeks. They tell me they found the problem... wiring from another ECT to my PCM. They take the vehicle to another shop and have this replaced at my expense. I pick up the vehicle and what do you think happens? The transmission light goes on and my transmission vents fluid. Of course my dash temp, which was working before, is not working at this time.
I tow it back to the shop and they state that I'm out of luck because it is my engine and wiring which is at fault. I take it to the dealership. They reroute my transmission cooler back to the stock cooler. They replace a damaged/ incorrect dipstick in my transmission. They drain 5 quarts of excess transmission fluid from my vehicle due to the damaged/incorrect dipstick. They clean transmission fluid out of my MAP sensor.
Guess what... No more transmission problems after that. So what do you think was causing the transmission problems after getting it replaced? Very obvious when you look to see what the dealer did to correct the problem.
--
Mr. Transmission Sucks!
http://mrtransmissionsucks.com
Andrew wrote:

I know EXACTLY how a franchise operates, as I worked for a franchise company at one point.

That's up to the main office. The degree to which they can do that also varies with the contract they have with their franchisees. There is no "standard" contract for all franchise businesses.

That can be said for virtually ANY franchise. Granted, there are some that are basically rip-offs, but there are also a lot of people who can manage to lose money no matter what business they're in. It's easy to blame the head office for poor business sense. In some cases it's justified, but in most it's not.

Good for you. What did they do, send you a letter?

If it's voluntary arbitration, you have a say as to who the arbitrator is. If they're trying to push the mandatory arbitraton on you, I don't blame you for resisting.
<unnecessary explanation snipped>
I understand your situation and I have said that I completely agree with your actions against the local store. Is that plain enough for YOU to understand? What I disagree with is your trashing of the entire company for the actions of ONE store. Got it???
If you got a bad cup of coffee at a Dunkin Donuts, would you put up a website called dunkindonutscoffeesucks.com?

I guess you missed the part about providing great customer service.

Bad business = Bad publicity. Any decent main franchise office goes by that adage. If they don't then they are a fly by night outfit.

If you take a deep look into you will see. This chain states they have a nationwide warranty but they are located in only in 21 states in America. Look at their website for locations. "Best warranty in the business"? Aamco offers a life-time warranty and Mr. Transmission does not.

If you looked at the website you would have seen the letter by their legal staff..

It is mandatory arbitration by the American Arbitration Association per the "contract". They have already picked the deciding party. This is in the fine print of every Mr. Transmission service agreement. You need bright light and a magnifying glass to read it though.
The NAF (National Arbitration Forum) handled collection disputes for the bank First USA. First USA paid NAF several million dollars as a result of the contract, and First USA won 99.6% of the cases out of 50,000 total. From Reynolds Holding, Private Justice: Can Public Count On fair Arbitration? Financial Ties To Corporations Are Conflict Of Interest, Critics say, October 8, 2001.
The AAA ( American Arbitration Association) has held shares in AT&T, Bank of America, Aetna, Cigna Corp., General Electric - all of which the AAA has resolved disputes for. General Electric and Sprint corporate officers have sat on the AAA board. In 2000, the AAA received 2.1 million dollars in membership fees from GE Industrial Systems, Aetna, and other corporate interests.
This is conflict of interest but it does not seem to apply.

The franchise head office was involved for a short time during my discussions with the local shop. All they did is back the local shop.

A cup of coffee does not cost $3000 + and it does not cost close to another $2000 to get you a good cup of coffee.
You failed to miss the point. Why was my car transmission finally working correctly when the dealer 1). Pulled off the aftermarket cooler and rerouted it to the stock cooler? 2). Replaced a damaged/incorrect dipstick out of my transmission? 3). Drained 5 quarts of excess transmission fluid from my system? It is very obvious the shop screwed up but the head office refuses to step in and take care of business. That is bad business.
--
Mr. Transmission Sucks!
http://mrtransmissionsucks.com
what car/year? what problem?
--

"Andrew" < snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMmrtransmissionsucks.com> wrote in message
news:oKbdf.657$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
$125 bucks will get you started in your local court for a civil suit, and you do not even need a lawyer.

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 07:59:30 -0500, "Matthew Rebbert"

But you can lose if you screwed up in the first place.
;-)