Door Lock

Hi, I'm wondering if there is some way of troubleshooting the door lock on an 02 Elantra where the driver's side doesn't want to unlock the remaining doors any longer. Is there a fuse or some mechanism that needs to be adjusted.

Reply to
DanMan

Check out the schematic at

Go to "service information" and "webtech" and enter your year and model and click on the "ETM" tab for schematics.

There's been a problem with water getting inside the wiring connectors between the door harness and the in-vehicle harness and corroding the terminals, causing a vairety of issues, but in my experience this is less common than a problem with the door lock actuator itself.

I've seen a couple cars with doors that were replaced due to body damage, and the used door that was installed had the wrong actuator in it.

Furthermore, if you're under 60k miles in the U.S., take it to the dealer and let it be their problem-- you'll still be within the warranty period.

Reply to
hyundaitech

thanks for the info. it was a warranty issue and then to compound the issue I didn't have the car for a full 24 hours when the door locks failed. This was probably due to the tech not putting the door back on properly or something as when I rolled the power window down I heard a clicking sound and then after the sound stopped so did the funciton of the power door lock. I'm taking it back to the dealer and like you said it is their problem to resolve. As well, they are going to fix the scratch in my tint since somehow it was scratched during the repair.

Reply to
DanMan

What's this about "...scratch in my tint?" I always thought that a factory tinted window used a tinted plastic filling in a plain glass sandwich. I recently tried cleaning my 2000 Sonata's front side windows, and was trying to get some crud off with a razor blade, when it occured to me that there was a film of some sort that I had gouged. What gives?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld

Reply to