Door Lock Problems

Here's hoping that HyundaiTech comes back and responds. Car is a 2007 Sonata GLS I4. Occasionally, when my right front door is opened, all of the other doors locks will click multiples times. It doesn't do this all the time, just maybe once every 10-15 times the door is opened. For quite a while (couple months) I would hear a clicking but couldn't make it repeat so I could see where it was coming from. Finally this weekend it did it again and I had my wife open her door again a couple of times. I finally saw the drivers door lock jerking like it was trying to open(already open). There were two passengers in the back and they quickly confirmed that the rear locks were doing the same. I locked the doors and had her do it again, the doors quickly unlocked and sat there jerking a couple of seconds. At this point since its not causing any problem, I don't intend to try to do any thing with it. But I am afraid it may cause other problems. I was hoping someone here may be able to figure out what is going on. A few months ago, just before it went off warranty, I took it in to the dealer because the window squeaked when rolling down. After oiling up the whole window (glass still beads up when wet) the tech replaced the window regulator. Since its the same door, I wonder if all that has anything to do with the lock problem

Reply to
Partner

I don't know, but I'd ask the dealer, If they did something to a connector, it should be covered under warranty since they caused the problem. If not, you may have to pay. Worth a conversation.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
John

Do you recommend Schwinn or Roadmaster? You can bend a playing card into the spokes for the real car sound!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I guess you don't fly the airlines anymore either... :-)

Reply to
Voyager

Reply to
John

Your post jogged my memory. On my 2000 Sonata, the front passenger inside latch and outside keyhole activate all four door locks. The driver's door key/latch doesn't control the other locks. When you put your brain to this curiosity, you'll see the sense in it.

I have had a situation that may be related. This has happened twice. The scenario is that all the door locks are being activated to lock. I can't unlock the driver's door because the system is holding it. I was able to overcome this by holding the passenger door key in the unlocked position and while holding it, opening the door with the handle. At that point, the "robot" released the other doors. Or something like that--it's been a few years. I recall that the system voltage was low at the time, but I was still able to start the car. I think that the battery was low because the lock solenoids were all being continuously powered by the beast.

I've been suffering intermittents, too, especially my ability to activate the rear windows on both sides from the driver's door switches. The local window switches on the rear doors have never given any trouble.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld