Driving a Genesis

Took my Sonata into the dealer for a warranty issue (camera not working) and oil change. They told me there was an update for the ECM too, so I said to do it.

After waiting for about 90 minutes, I was told the ECM update did not work and they would have to replace. Part would be delivered next day. They also said they would give me a loaner. Turns out, the loaner was a 2014 Genesis with 1600 miles.

I had some things to do the net day so my wife and I went out in the Genesis. Overall, it is one nice car. Good size, nice ride, quiet. Performance is very good.

My only negative is that the 2014 was available with two option packages and this had neither. It was fine for a loaner, but not something I'd buy without the goodies. I like the toys.

If I wad $52,000 to spend on a full loaded car, I'd not hesitate at all to get the Genesis. In the base form though, I'd rather have my Sonata Limited that has navigation and the backup camera.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hyundai Genesis 2 dr coupe sure is a nice looking car. Got to look at one 3 weeks ago.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX