Dry Clutch

The clutch in my '99 Accent GSI feels "dry". This happened before and I got the garage to grease it up when I did an oil change. Worked like a charm. Now the clutch feels dry again so I am planning on getting the garage to grease it up the next time I get an oil change.

Is this normal?

Chris

Reply to
Guncho

I'm not sure what you mean by feeling dry. Can you describe the behavior or characteristics you find abnormal?

Reply to
hyundaitech

When you push the clutch in or release it, it just feels, "dry". Kind of grindy. Like it needs lubrication.

Chris

Reply to
Guncho

That sounds more like clutch linkage rather than the clutch itself. Pivot points on the pedal, that sort of thing.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yeah I don't know. I told the garage about it and they said they "greased it up". Solved the problem for a while.

Chris

Reply to
Guncho

I'm guessing the lube was on the release lever on the trans at its contact point with the release cylinder rod.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Is it normal that this part would need to be lubed every so often on an eight year old car?

Chris

Reply to
Guncho

I wouldn't be surprised by that. It's a junction of two metal parts which are probably a little crusty with rust now. As long as the clutch actually functions correctly, don't sweat it.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I just don't like how it feels. The next time I get an oil change, I'll get them to lube it up.

Chris

Reply to
Guncho