Dupont Clear Coat for new Hyundais

I bought a new Hyundai Elantra recently and was offered quite a few add ons toward the end by the finance guy, such as an extended warranty, tire road
hazard, gap insurance, Dupont Clear Coat, etc. I declined all of it, but I am curious about the Dupont Clear Coat. I thought that the car already had a clear coat, but if not how is it finished? Is the Dupont Clear Coat option a good thing? Would it be worth getting it done?
On 5/30/2016 1:51 PM, Victek wrote:

The only product I'm aware of is the paint finish that is factory applied. Could be applied by a body shop as a pro paint system would be required.
My dealer offers a Simoniz finish that is a polymer type of finish. http://www.simonizprofessional.com/business/Content/Simoniz_GlassCoat_1.asp
Yes, it is a profit center for the dealer, but it is a good product. I don't know how it compares with consumer products though. I had it on my last two cars and after three years the finish looked great and I spent no time waxing myself.
Victek wrote:

Tempting... How much does it cost?
"Paul in Houston TX" wrote in message

have many brain cells left at that point :-) I would just check around to see who's offering it and get some quotes.