Elantra 05 Fuel tank air filter??? where and what???

Hi,

We've owned a 2005 Elantra for just about a year. One of the inspections is to inspect the "fuel tank air filter", they also show a fuel filter which has to be inspected at 30k miles. I'm at about 15k miles but I've looked on the Hyundai tech site and cannot find a reference to a "fuel tank air filter".

It is listed on the Maintanance log which comes with the vehicle, which I use.

Does anyone know what and where this is?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reply to
Diarmud387

I order filters from a Hyundai dealer in Mass. I tried to order fuel air filter and they didn't send one. they said that the dealer has to drop the fuel tank to replace it....sweet isn't it??

Reply to
Deck

Either this is a typo or they're referring to the air filter for the charcoal canister.

Reply to
hyundaitech

The FUEL filter is in the tank, attached to the fuel pump, but the tank doesn't need to be dropped to replace it. You access it through the floor under the back seat.

AFAIK, there is no air filter in the tank.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

replying to Diarmud387, 2005 Hyundai Elantra wrote: The Fuel Air Filter is located under the drivers side rear wheel arch. There is a cover with 4 nuts and bolts to remove to expose the filter. The filter is held in place by three nuts that must be removed. A hose and clip from the filter must also be removed to loosen the filter for removal. Note that this should not be confused with the Fuel Filter which is located inside the tank.

Reply to
2005 Hyundai Elantra