Elantra

Have a question for those owning Elantra 2002-4;Does that 16 valve 2.0 liter engine provide ample power? Have a Nissan Stanza with 2.4 liter engine & has plenty of power....thinking of trading in on Elantra. Thanks in advance

Reply to
Don

It depends on your needs. Compare the hp and torque of the Stanza with the Elantra, and also the weight of both cars for an idea of performance. Best of all take a test drive in a variety of road conditions with the AC on and off, and see how it feels.

Personally I'd like to see a larger capacity engine but then I like to drive fast and want to be able to over take slower vehicles quickly and safely, especially on a single lane road.

Reply to
Neil

make sure you get a 5 speed gives ya the option to have that extra UMPH when ya need it..

Pete...

Reply to
Pete

It's got ample power for everyday driving and it can more than "get out of it's own way", especially with the 5 speed. I haul a couple of kayaks on the roof and lots of gear inside with no problems. If you're the "boy racer" type or you're going to tow a trailer or something, you might be disappointed. BTW, the 5 speed Elantra can exceed its EPA mileage ratings if you drive rationally.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom