Elantra 2000 won't go into third and overdrive anymore...

I took my automatic elantra 2000 car yesterday, went on the hiway and drove it a bit hard to bring it up to 160 km/hr for about 4 km. The motor, the
kickdown and everything was working just as usual. when i arrive near home at a stop light , the engine light came on and the car would go to second gear only when i reach 40 km/hr (25m/hr) and do not want to go to third or overdrive anymore... anybody have a idea ??? thanks
Sounds like a transmission speed output sensor.. cheap to fix.
The tranny is in limp mode right now.
I would let the dealer do it.
Hyundai Tech... correct me if I am off base!
stan
snipped-for-privacy@hirise.com

replaced the high voltage coils the day before and i looked around to see what he had to disconnect to replace it and sure enough, the throtle sensor connector was not plug all the way in ! I pluged it correctly, reset the computer and everything work like a peach ! :-) On tuesday, i will for sure give a bit of shit to my mechanic for the tourment he gave me fot nothing...