Elantra 2001- Transmitter or keyless entry

I can open my car with remote but can't lock it, is it a problem with transmitter or battery. Also the delaership sells remote for $155, what are the options to buy at reasonable price and how does one
program the same.
I'll need a little more information to help diagnose the issue.
1. Do your parking lamps flash once when you depress the lock button on the remote? 2. Do your power locks work both locking and unlocking the doors when using the door lock button?
You might check e-bay for a used remote, but you'll a Hyundai scan tool to do the programming. Plan on the dealer for the programming.

The transmitter only works while opening. The parking lights flash when I press the open button.When I depress the lock button nothing happens neither the doors get locked nor the light flashes.
I'm sorry. I thought I had been a little clearer, but see that my language was still ambiguous. What happens when you use the lock button on the door to lock and unlock the doors? Do your power locks work normally in that situation?

Yes the power locks work normally. I use lock button to lock the door and use unlock feature of remote to unlock. It works perfectly. Hope I am not confusing you

Obviously Hyundaitech will be the last word, but I think that just means it will not engage the alarm system. I got tired of scaring all the various mechanics, and started doing that when I bring the car in anywhere. (They invariably use the key to unlock the door, which does not disengage the alarm.)
No, I understand okay. I just wasn't very clear with my questions. What this last answer just told me was that your power locks are working normally, meaning that the problem is indeed with the transmitter. We know (with a very high percentage probability) that the system for receiving the signal and operating the locks is also working correctly since the keyless unlock works.
The result of all this is the determination that the lock button on your remote is defective. If you want this fixed, you'll need another remote.