Elantra 2002 trouble starting

2002 Elantra

When I go to start the car in the morning after sitting all night. The car starts up real ruff, runs for 3 seconds, than cuts out. I than wait 5 seconds try to start it again and in starts up fine. The rest of the day the car starts up fine. It?s the same situation every morning. I took it to the dealership and they replaced a ?purge valve?, but its still happening every morning

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be.

Reply to
aaron

There's a TSB for "Warm ambent cold start stumble." I.e., if it's warm outside and your car's been sitting awhile, it'll hesitate badly for about

20 seconds. After that, fine. There's a reprogram available to fix this.

But I've never seen this cause the car to stall, so there may be other issues. A stuck open purge valve could cause this, as could a leaky fuel injector, but there are a number of plausible causes. I'd recommend taking it to the dealer and leaving it overnight for them to start in the morning. After they've repaired it, ask them to keep it overnight again to check and make sure everything is fixed prior to returning it to you.

Reply to
hyundaitech