Elantra 2003 GLS - Valve cover gasket needs replacing

I've been leaking oil from the valve cover for a while and need to have the gasket replaced. I'm also coming up on a timing belt replacement and I
wonder if it would be best in terms of cost/labor to have them done at the same time? I know about having the water pump done with the timing belt, but I don't know if doing the valve cover gasket involves any related tear down. Thanks for any help.

When I had my 2002 Sonata GLS the valve cover job wasn't that hard, just took a lot of time. If that Elantra is 4 Cyl it shouldn't take you longer than 5 hours from start to finish to do it and save yourself the $400-600 they might charge you to put in a $25 dollar part.
"Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP)" wrote in message

shop would charge for it.
The only thing in common is two of the timing cover bolts. I wouldn't expect any advantage in price to do them together unless the shop just wanted to encourage you to spend more money right now.