elantra clutch and flywheel problem

I recentlly had to replace my clutch and flywheel on my 2004 elantra. Ive owned several cars with standard transmissions before and I have never had any clutch or transmission problems. Is there a problem
with the system on the elantra? Have a lot of people suffered the same problem? Bails
Bails wrote:

The short answer is no, there is no design flaw or anything like that. If you trashed your clutch, it's probably your fault.
OTOH, the slave cylinder contains a valve that slows clutch engagement, the idea being that it will help to prevent inept drivers from stalling their cars. For an experienced manual tranny driver, it just creates an inconsistent feel in the clutch engagement. "Clutch-Valve-Ectomies" are a common procedure among Elantra enthusiasts, as removing the useless valve improves the feel of the clutch considerably. For DIY instructions, check the Elantra Club site. www.elantraclub.com
Brian Nystrom wrote:

I tend to think you are right, then again, I've seen enough complaints about Hyundai clutches dying prematurely to wonder just how robust they are. Also, my Sonata is very hard to start out with smoothly and without excessive RPMs. I'll probably remove the valve as soon as the weather gets warmer and I get a chance.
Matt
Matt Whiting wrote:

Why wait? The procedure is really easy and takes very little time. Once you unscrew the banjo fitting, the spring and valve come right out. It takes more time to bleed the clutch than it does to remove the valve.
Brian Nystrom wrote:

Working with small parts and fluids when it is below freezing isn't much fun. I'm waiting for warmer weather.
Matt