Elantra Disk to drum wear time

I drove my mothers 03 elantra with 28k on it today and noticed a surge, took a look at the front, definatly needs rotors turned and could use a new set of pads. the rear are drums, usually I change
shoes every other set of pads on my trucks. Does this hold true for these light cars?
carmartin wrote:

I would expect to change the rear shoes wear no more frequently than that and perhaps even less.