Elantra Engine Mount

While carrying routine maintenance I noticed the right hand side engine mount strap bolt seems to be loose.
I re-torqued the bolt but it is still not seated properly. The only time
I can think I had maintenance done that would involve the bolt is when the dealer changed timing belt.
I have attached photo, can someone take a quick look at their mount and see if it is the same?
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/AVN511/2002GTElantra.jpg
avn wrote:

Yours looks like the rust under it does not allow to go in all the way, my wife 02GLS has it flat down over the metal, but had no rust at all, still with the black paint from the factory.
Vic Garcia wrote:

I sprayed it down with PB before torquing, the bolt is as torqued correctly The part it bolts into does not allow for the threads to protrude out the bottom. I will drop into dealer in the morning order correct bolt.
The car is undercoated Eastern Canada hard on a vehicle.
The bolt is probably frozen (rusted) in place or crossthreaded. I agree that about the only time you'd need to remove this bolt is when replacing the water pump or timing belt.
While it's certainly not right, the good news is that it's not critical. I can't remember for certain what the bolt stabilizes, but I believe it's the a/c compressor bracket.
hyundaitech wrote:

Vic Garcia wrote:

I sprayed it down with PB before torquing, the bolt is torqued correctly The part it bolts into does not allow for the threads to protrude out the bottom. I will drop into dealer in the morning order correct bolt.
The car is undercoated Eastern Canada hard on a vehicle.
avn wrote:

flat at it. As Hyundaitech said, that piece just hold the A/C compressor, so nothing critical, it you can remove the Z shaped piece and grind it to flatten the surfaces, will be OK.

hurricanes are over in 36 hours, Canada winters are 8-9 months long (winter, for Floridians, is anytime temp is below +50 F, +10 C).
Vic Garcia wrote:

We don't have summer just 3 bad months of snowmobiling lol.
I replaced one of these timing belts today, so I had a good close look at the bracket in question. It just bolts directly onto the block, as does the a/c compressor. So it doesn't even support the a/c compressor. I suppose it's possible it's intended to support the main mount bracket when subjected to powertrain torque, but since the main bracket where it attaches to the engine is about 6 square inches, I don't see how it would need additional support. For my money, the bracket in question is nonfunctional. But I'm sure some engineer somewhere can explain why he thought it was necessary.
hyundaitech wrote:

So if I take bolt out to check threads and depth there is no need to support engine?
Nope. If you take a good look at it, you'll see this bracket doesn't support the engine at all.