Elantra GT 2001 - Odd Halogen bulb socket behavior

I too hav noticed the shortened life of the H7 and highbeam style bulbs on my hyundai.

I recently installed a high beam bulb and I noticed that the metal spring clip which holds the bulb in place actually glowed light red with heat as soon as I turned them on to check that they worked. First time I had seen that. It went out shortly after.

Any clues as to what's causing this and what a soultion might be?

Reply to
Stanley P Pickens

It sounds like you've got a serious problem, such as the light grounding/shorting through the clip. Get it checked out before you damage the headlight assembly or start a fire.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Actually, the high beam bulb (not an H7) is designed to ground through the clip. Make sure everything is attached securely. If you've burned the plating off the clip or other contact points in the lamp, you may need to replace the headlamp assembly.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech