Elantra headlight aiming

Just replaced a low beam halogen bulb and noticed that the beam is not level with the other side - noticeably high and probably annoying other drivers.
I double checked that the bulb is in the socket correctly, so I guess the lens box needs to be adjusted? Is this pretty straightforward?

Yeah, there's a hole in the top of it, into which you can stick a phillips screwdriver, and turn to aim it up and down.
Although personally I'd double check that you really really really have it seated correctly - I can't imagine that why it would go that far out of alignment for no reason.

. Thanks for the reply. The bulb in question is on the driver's side and it's hard to get at (I'm trying to avoid removing the battery). If the bulb is slightly off center would it throw off the beam?
If the bulb is not seated properly it will be aimed incorrectly as well as possibly leaving a gap for the elements to get inside the housing
On 5/19/2010 10:59 AM, Victek wrote:

I'm happy to say that I got this right finally and didn't have to adjust/aim the lamp. By the way, replacing the bulb has made me more aware of how clouded the lens has become on both lamps. Can this be improved by rubbing with fine polish?

There are commercial products for polishing the lenses but there are some home remedies too. Perhaps a goggle search will find some. Here is a start http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/maintenance/4252611?page=2

My experiences were unsuccessful, although some of my earlier attempts may have thrown off the future attempts.
I ended up buying relatively cheap 3rd party replacements.
On 5/26/2010 01:39, Matthew Fedder wrote:

Can be done, and the results are OK, but, it's a lot of work (about 3 hrs per unit). Also had to have power tools to get it right, and have some experience polishing metal, the trick is to start easy, wet sand #600 then up #1500, then white rubbing compound, and a lot of polish with a foam or cloth.