Elantra - seat covers and side air bags

When I first got my 2003 Elantra I considered front seat covers, but heard that there was an issue with possibly obstructing the deployment of the side air bags (which are in the seat backs). I'm thinking again that seat covers would be good and I wonder if covers are now available that don't interfere with the air bags?

Reply to
VicTek

I saw a car with something that looked like it was designed to allow the air bag to come out through the add-on seat cover. I don?t know where it?s available, however.

"VicTek" wrote: > When I first got my 2003 Elantra I considered front seat > covers, but heard > that there was an issue with possibly obstructing the > deployment of the side > air bags (which are in the seat backs). I'm thinking again > that seat covers > would be good and I wonder if covers are now available that > don't interfere > with the air bags?

Reply to
Hyundaitech