Elantra Steering Wheel deterioration

My 2005 Elantra's steering wheel is starting to fall apart. The plastic "coating" on the left hand side has started to crumble. At first I just thought it was a tear, but if you run your finger on it,
it comes back coated with black particles and its only getting worse.
Anyone else have this problem? Do you think this would be covered under the warranty? (I should still be within the 5-year/50,000 miles bumper-to-bumper)

There's a quick way of finding out....ask a Hyundai dealer. : - )
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I've heard similar complaints before, so Hyundai is probably aware of it. If you dealer won't do anything for you, contact Hyundai directly.
I've replaced a few under the 5 year/60,000 mile warranty for this problem.