Electric antenna does not go down

Anyone else run into this problem. About 40 - 50% of the time, my antenna does not go down or it takes a while for it go down after turning the car or
radio off.
I'm in Phoenix and it's be really hot the last few weeks so I'm wondering if the excessive heat has anything to do with it.
Thanks,
After turning the radio on and pulling the mast all the way extended, apply some silicon-based grease. That usually does the trick.
hyundaitech wrote:

Let me add this: If there's any chance that someone's lubed this with petroleum grease or oil, it will tend to attract dirt and stick. I suggest cleaning all the old lube off as best you can with either isopropyl or methyl alcohol. Don't use ethanol because it can eat some types of rubber that may be used as an insulator inside the antenna.
Silicon lubes are incompatible with petroleum lubricants, so that's another reason to clean the stuff off.
Richard
try using a dry grafite lube