Electrical oddity - followup

Hi,
I have a 2004 Sonata. A few months ago, the right side door light began to randomly go on and off. (this is the light by your foot but on the door itself). The dome light did NOT go off. The drivers light
didn't go off either. And when I'm stopped, the doors would unlock - not sure if this is part of the car factory, or part of the after market alarm system (Crime Stopper SP501). The alarm never went off - so not sure how the alarm 'determines' a door is opened, but either this didn't happen when the car is off or the same thing triggering this doesn't 'trigger' the alarm.
So now - the parking lights don't go on or off when I disarm or arm the car.
Alarm guy says he'd need to diagnose it as an electrical issue. I have a friend who'd do it as a favor, he does electrical installs (police car type installs) but isn't too familiar with Hyundais as he mainly works on Fords or other police vehicles.
Any suggestions on what to look for?
Thanks.

Evan Platt wrote:

It's possible that there are several similar but non-related issues at the same time. I would start by disconnecting every connection with the after market alarm and getting the car back to factory oem. Then run continuity checks on the door switches and wiring at the door hinges while moving the door.
On 10/10/2015 11:53 AM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

Sounds sensible. Aftermarket products can be a crap shoot, so can the installation of them.
I'm not sure of the value of a 12 year old car is, but you can spend a lot of money diagnosing this sort of thing. When you do disconnect, be sure all connections are good as that can be part of the problem.