Elentra, '00 to '01 Why the jump in resale value?

I was looking at wholesale and retail values of used Hyundai Elentras and the '00s are significantly lower than the '01s. Is the curve just fairly steep until you get past 5 yrs old, or is there a change in design which makes the newer ones more desirable and/or more reliable? My son's '99 has been a good, reliable car once I sorted out the odd shifting problem caused by a bad tranny sensor. Regards, KWW

Reply to
KWW

Wasnt there a new body style introduced in 2001?

Reply to
Paradox

completely new design in 2001 from the ground up!

Reply to
Deck

Pretty much the same engine in 2001, but everything else changed between

2000 and 2001. The most notable improvements for 2001 were a stronger and more reliable transmission and a complete subframe.
Reply to
hyundaitech