Engine running

Has anyone else noticed that occasionally the engine on their Sonata continues to run for a few minutes after turning off the engine and removing the key? No, it's not the dieseling type of after run but just a normal idle. Could it be burning off excess gas fumes or some other emissions thing? It's happened twice in 27,000 miles, so I can't take it to the dealer and expect it to happen.

Reply to
Tom

This hasn't happened on my 02 GLS Sonata. What year and model is yours?

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf

I've had 3 sonatas 99, 03 and 07. Never seen that!

Reply to
Partner

Mine is a 2005 Sonata 4 cyl. Auto.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

"Tom" ha scritto nel messaggio news:krBMi.993$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews7.bellsouth.net...

Sure it is not the electric motor fan ?

Reply to
Zotto

Nope, it's the engine. Next time I'm near the dealer, I'm going to swing in. I hold out little hope that they will know anything. :o(

I visited a Hyundai dealer up in Reading, Pa and they were really nice AND knowledgeable. I just wanted oil filters ($4.25 each) and crush washers ($.85), but they were willing to talk about other things. I asked about the gas tank vent filter that's supposed to be replaced at 30,000 miles. They told me they NEVER replaced one and, in fact, never even had one in stock. They've been around for as long as HyundaiUSA.

Reply to
Tom