engine running problems Sonata automatic

Car wants to stall when put into reverse or in drive. What would be the cause of that. The trans fluid is up to mark, and car runs decently in park. It is like it don't have the power to work the transmission
as the RPM just drops when ingaged. The idle speed has been increased so I can operate the car to work but, I still get the drop in RPM but I still can manage to keep the car going (but it is pulling forward , so my foot has got to be on the brake). I know it is not right but how do I fix? I can't see any missing vacuum hoses or something to that nature.
A few questions:
What year is your Sonata? What engine does it have? How did you increase the RPM?