Engine runs rough

Hi, I have a 2002 Santa Fe V6. With the AC on at idle the engine runs rough. Acts as if it will quit, but never has. My wife worries so much that she always turns off the AC when having to stop.

It was in the shop for its 90K service this past week and they said there is nothing wrong. But, there clearly is. Any thoughts or suggestions. Al __ Arold "Al" Green

Reply to
Arold "Al" Green

Does turning off the AC make a difference? If so, it narrows the potential problems.

Did they run diagnostics on the car? If not you need a new shop. Maybe you do anyway if they think rough idle is normal for your car.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yes, the engine smooths right out when the AC is turned off. The shop (dealer where car was purchased) claims they ran diagnostics. __ Arold "Al" Green

Reply to
Arold "Al" Green

Reply to
robert_simpkins

Reply to
robert_simpkins

Didn't find any TSBz on the NHTSA site related to this but you should Google this and see if other are having this problem and any potential resolution.

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf