Excel revs too high

I recently bought a manual 2000 Excel Sprint. It runs ok, except when the engine is warm the revs stay high after I put my foot on the clutch - eg. when approaching traffic lights.
It takes several seconds before the revs start to drop, and after 10 seconds, maybe more, the revs eventually get down to a reasonable idling speed. I checked the mechanical linkages under the bonnet, and made sure the throttle returns easily when the pedal is released, but this doesn't affect the revs. Is this something in the EFI? Can it be fixed by me, or is this an expensive woprkshop job?
Thanks for any input,
Barry
It sounds like you may have a problem with your throttle position sensor.
hyundaitech wrote:

Thanks for that. I'll follow up your suggestion.
Barry