Extended Warranty

From snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net I have a 2001 Accent GL. I had a front line realignment recently and my service rep asked me if i would like an extended warranty. I told him I would think about it. So Im asking you all how much does an extended warranty cost. The realignment wasnt covered by the original warranty which is apparently bumper to bumper ot the powertrain which I thought would be. Any answers? Bob

Kroger Bobb

I would be very leery of anyone willing to sell you a warranty on a used car. Extended warrantys are a bad deal on a new car and they'd have to charge even more on a used vehicle. Wheel alignment is an adjustment that's not likely to be covered under any manufacturers warranty. If your aligment goes out, it's because you hit something. Damage caused by road hazards or driver error is not warrantable.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom