First Oil Change in new Hyundai - Any need for early change?

Please excuse me if this has been posted before. I didn't find it - maybe it was buried inside another thread.
For the 2013 Hyundais with the 138 hp 1.6L GDI engines (Accent,
Elentra, etc) when SHOULD the first oil change take place for optimum results? Years ago manufacturers would put a special break-in oil and they would recommend that you replace it at 1500 miles. I recall hearing that these new cars have much tighter tolerances and careful manufacturing "clean rooms" such that this is not necessary. Also the filter would catch any particles. So should I wait until 3500 miles? Would it HURT to change it at 2000 mi?
I believe these take conventional oil (I guess I had better check), and if so I will change it every 3500 miles after the initial change. Thx, KWW '13 Accent '03 Santa Fe '99 Elentra '64 Beetle
--- ---

It's not 1950 any more. No need for an early change. No, it won't hurt it either.
Check the manual. Most recommend 7500 miles these days for normal driving, less for severe driving. If you drive a mile to work and live in North Dakota, change often. If you drive 20 highway miles in a moderate climate, you can easily do the 7500 miles between changes.
Synthetic oils are superior to dino oils, but oil has been improved so much over the past few years, you don't need a synthetic unless you have a high performance, high rpm engine. Corvette, for instance comes from the factory with synthetic.
Bach in the 1950's when you hit 50,000 miles it was common to get a ring job and maybe new bearings. Oil changes were every 2000 miles, maybe less. When is the last time you heard of a car getting new rings? If you did, chances are the car is pushing 200,000 miles.
Jiffy Lube and the like put that little sticker on the windshield telling you to come back in 3000 miles for a change. They are profit motivated, nothing else.
"Ed Pawlowski" ha scritto nel messaggio

From an european point of view, I find that in U.S. oil changes are very frequent, here same models require change every 15.000 km (about 9400 miles), and some care have long time mainteinance scheduling oil change at 30.000 (special long life oil indeed). Said this, also here some dealers recommend first oil change at 5000 km ( 3000 miles), just to keep engine clean after breaking-in engine period.

The best way to determine when to change is to have the oil tested. They can determine what contaminants are in the oil and how much of each. The only problem with that approach is the cost of the test is about 2/3 the cost of an oil change.
I read in our Automotive section of the newspaper that a guy waited for 20,000 miles to change the oil on his 2011 Sonata. Now he needs a new engine and he is POd that Hyundai is not helping him. Why should they? He voided the warranty. No engines available either.
"Ed Pawlowski" ha scritto nel messaggio

Actually Sonata here requires oil change every 15000 km.

On this side of the pond that is 9300 miles, fairly long by typical US standards. I'd certainly not double it.
My first car was a '53 Mercury with flathead V8. No oil changes were required. I just added a quart every couple hundred miles.

My brother had a Chevy Vega that he didn't change oil for a few years. just added a qt every 1k. He gutted out a filter so he didn't have to change that last 5 years.
On Saturday, April 13, 2013 6:31:50 AM UTC-5, KWW wrote:

Hi. Ive changed oil early on every new car ive ever bought. There will be particulates from camshaft, crankshaft, in addition to possible bearing lu be travelling thruout the engine ...and although on todays cars it might be very minimal... for the sake of a $30 oil change with filter at many place s.... it makes good sense to get rid of the factory initial oil at approx. 2 k. miles .
On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 07:51:36 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

particulates from camshaft, crankshaft, in addition to possible bearing lube travelling thruout the engine ...and although on todays cars it might be very minimal... for the sake of a $30 oil change with filter at many places.... it makes good sense to get rid of the factory initial oil at approx. 2 k. miles . I did mine at 300 miles on my last new car, got it out of the way so it didn't nag me.