Folding side door mirrors.

Hi, anyone know if a kit is available or whatever to get the side, door mirrors powered so they can be folded back with a switch inside the car. The vehicle is a new Sonata V6. cheers, nick

Reply to
NickNike

I doubt it but you never know what you can find on the internet. I'd suggest just driving it through the desired doorway - they should fold back pretty quick.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:2cc80$44d12018$471fbbc4$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

I'm wondering why Hyundai decided to go with mirrors that don't fold AT ALL in this day and age. I already clipped my mirror once at a drive-thru. I got a small scratch instead of the thing folding up like it did on every other car I have owned in the last 10 years or so.

Just seems like a step back, but maybe they have a reason for it.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

The mirrors on my 2005 Accent fold manually. Unfortunately, the mirrors on my sisters new 2006 Nissan Sentra didn't, and she clipped a toll booth that ripped the mirror right off the door. My 2004 Ford Focus also has stationary mirrors that don't fold, so I'm happy with my Hyundai folding mirrors.

JPH

Reply to
JPH

Reply to
Nick

It is kind of surprising in a way since they seem to be so good at incorporating most of the other innovations or like-to-haves into their cars. It's part of what makes Hyundai a good value.

BTW - you gotta stay away from those drive throughs Eric. Nothing that is good for you is served at a drive through...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:4dd0b$44d1f852$471fbb8f$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

That brings up an entirely different subject, but can we possibly consider moving the engineers of ALL CVS drugtore drive-thru's (at least in my area) to the bottom of the list, just under lawyers? :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Below lawyers? Do you know what you're asking?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Pretty sure I saw a post at Hyundai-forums.com where someone had ordered and self-installed folding NF Sonata mirrors from an aftermarket company in South Korea.

NickNike wrote:

Reply to
PMDR

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:4086e$44d21e69$471fbb8f$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

Alright, a bit harsh I guess, but I don't want to consider anything above Pond Scum, OK?

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

That isn't possible as there are lawyers all the way down. :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting