Folding side door mirrors.

Hi, anyone know if a kit is available or whatever to get the side, door mirrors powered so they can be folded back with a switch inside the car. The
vehicle is a new Sonata V6. cheers, nick

The
I doubt it but you never know what you can find on the internet. I'd suggest just driving it through the desired doorway - they should fold back pretty quick.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I'm wondering why Hyundai decided to go with mirrors that don't fold AT ALL in this day and age. I already clipped my mirror once at a drive-thru. I got a small scratch instead of the thing folding up like it did on every other car I have owned in the last 10 years or so.
Just seems like a step back, but maybe they have a reason for it.
Eric
Eric G. wrote:

The mirrors on my 2005 Accent fold manually. Unfortunately, the mirrors on my sisters new 2006 Nissan Sentra didn't, and she clipped a toll booth that ripped the mirror right off the door. My 2004 Ford Focus also has stationary mirrors that don't fold, so I'm happy with my Hyundai folding mirrors.
JPH
Yes the did it to sell more mirrors! It is indeed a step back since the older gen Sonata had them. I won't buy a car without folding mirrors because you know it'll happen at least twice (has happened about 5 times on my car that I know of) and who wants to replace a mirror each time?

ALL
It is kind of surprising in a way since they seem to be so good at incorporating most of the other innovations or like-to-haves into their cars. It's part of what makes Hyundai a good value.
BTW - you gotta stay away from those drive throughs Eric. Nothing that is good for you is served at a drive through...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

That brings up an entirely different subject, but can we possibly consider moving the engineers of ALL CVS drugtore drive-thru's (at least in my area) to the bottom of the list, just under lawyers? :-)
Eric

area)
Below lawyers? Do you know what you're asking?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Alright, a bit harsh I guess, but I don't want to consider anything above Pond Scum, OK?
Eric
Eric G. wrote:

That isn't possible as there are lawyers all the way down. :-)
Matt
Pretty sure I saw a post at Hyundai-forums.com where someone had ordered and self-installed folding NF Sonata mirrors from an aftermarket company in South Korea.