For Any 2010 Elantra Owners. Possible Purchaser Questions, Please

Hello,

To be perfectly frank, I have never even considered an Elantra.

Was going to get a new 2010 Toyota Corolla, but with all their problems, am looking for an alternative.

Haven't looked them up, yet, in Consumers Reports, but will of course.

How has the Hyundai's been for reliability, etc., generally ?

May I respectfully ask:

What decided you on a new Elantra, compared to... ?

a. Do you folks like your Elantra ?

b. I guess what's even more important, perhaps, what don't you like ?

c. How would you, subjectively or technically, compare it to a new 2010 Corolla ?

What else should I probably be asking ?

Would sure like to get any and all opinions on the Elantra, particularly how you feel it compares to a Corolla (or possibly a Civic).

Thank you very much, Bob

Reply to
Bob

My personal experience with the Elantra is limited, but my wife wants one for her next car.

Just a few years ago, I used to laugh that people would buy a Hyundai. Their reputation was not so good, the five year old cars (based on the original late 80's models) looked faded and worn out. Then, not happy with GM cars I wanted to look elsewhere. The owners at work rented a couple on trips and said he was pleasantly surprised by the 06 Sonata for it ride, performance, features. These are guys that drive Audi A8 and Lexus at home. I also liked the style of the then new Sonata.

Long story short, I did some research and bought an '07 Sonata. The dealer has a Toyota franchise across the street and one of the salesman was over on the Hyundai side and was taking me across with him and he drove an Elantra for the first time. Comment from the Toyota salesman: "I should be selling these instead. Nicer car"

Another guy at work traded his Toyota for a Hyundai. A customer just bought his second Elantra and his brother in law just bought his second Santa Fe. Neither had had any quality problems.

In December, I traded my 07 for a 2010 model. It had 67,000 flawless miles. Do yourself a favor and test drive one.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hi Bob,

Head over to

and join up and post your question there or just browse the forum. We have quite a few 2010 owners that can provide you with some insight. You can also try
but that is a little more focused towards the "tuners". Another good place is

Ed

. I have a 2003 Elantra GLS. I decided to buy it based on reviews, test drives, the 10 year/100k power train warranty and the amazing price. I now have have over 100k miles on it and it has never needed a repair. I have only needed to do standard maintenance, such as tires, oil, coolant and timing belt. I would absolutely buy it again. Note that ESC (electronic stability control) is now available in some Elantras - a very desirable safety feature. The only feature not available (as far as I know) that I would like in a new car is active head restraints (to protect against whiplash injuries).

Reply to
Victek

Just turned in my 2 year leased Sante Fe and bought and 2010 Elantra Touring SE.

I love this car. Its just the right size, gets great gas milage, great features, ABS, ESC, Airbags, and look great.

Reply to
Slim