Forbe article on Hyundai

Very interesting article on Hyundai. Still Hyundai has a nagging long term reliability question. But keep in mind, long term reliability do not show up until at least 3 years after the short term reliability. With that formula, I predict the year 2007 as the target date to see if indeed all the Hyundai's 2004 accolades are for real. Year 2004 is the year when Hyundai went straight to the top in initial quality. Before that, Hyundai had consistent below average scores in initial satisfaction and reliablity. We shall see if all these latest initial quality improvements translate to long term quality.

Last Laugh Joann Muller and Robyn Meredith, 04.25.05

How Hyundai went from punch line to powerhouse--and is shaking up the world's auto industry.

Chucky

My 2002 Santa Fe is 3 years old & still running terrifically & very safe & comfortable for a long ride as we just did CLE-Windsor Ont & back in a blizzard & no problems. 28 MPG highway, had 1/4 tank when we got home.

So we have plenty of time awaiting a Santa Fe or Tuckson hybrid to exchange car for. Dealer sent a notice that they need 2002 Santa Fe's for resale, but nothing we want to give it up for.

Reply to
theawesome1

The notice they sent was a gimmick. They say they need '02 SF's because they know you have one.

Reply to
hyundaitech

My dealer just sent me a notice that they needed my

99 Elantra! BUT - I've got an '02 SF. I think my dealer needs a better ad agency.

S25

Reply to
S25