from automatic to manual transmission conversion of a 1998 hyundai Elantra

this is a question for the hyundai tech .. i want to convert my 1998 hyundai elantra that has an automatic transmission that went bad ... to a manual transmission .. but it seems that the manual is on the opposite side of the motor than the automatic .. am not sure if the car that was built on jun 14,95 from a junkjard that has the manual transmission is not the right year for my 98 or if it is impossible to swap from auto to manual please help me try to figure this out hyundai tech

Reply to
jj81md

Both the manual and automatic are on the driver's side with the differential and starter toward the rear. If the m/t you have isn't made that way, it's for an older car.

Keep in mind that this conversion is a major job. Not only will you need to change the transmission, you'll need to install a shifter, cables, and a clutch pedal(!) in addition to the flywheel and clutch components.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech