gas leak

I have a 2003 elantra GT

It has about 100MKM?s

Yesterday I filled the gas tank and then drove the remaining 5 minutes to work

At the end of the day, I noticed a slow drip coming from a small hose under the left year area of the car, just to the left of the gas tank. It?s the first time this has happened (I?m always checking for leaks)

I drove home , (one hour drive, very hot day)

Got home, no more leak, it hasn?t dripped over night

Any suggestions

Reply to
uitar9

Might just be you really filled it up and the heat expanded the gas during the day.

Jim

Reply to
jim

Thermal expansion is a good possibility. Did you fill the tank to the very top? Don't do that. You should stop when the auto shut off stops. You can mess up the vapor canister that way, cause the check engine light to go on.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sounds like you overfilled the tank and got fuel into the canister. Bide your time and see whether the check engine lamp comes on or you have difficulty refueling. You'll probably need to purchase a canister.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech