going dead

Do I have a timingbelt on my 2000 hyundai elantra gls sw? If so would it cause my car to go dead when turning and coming to a stop?

Reply to
lucky10orange

Yes, you have a timing belt. And if it broke or stripped, it would cause your car to stall. When trying to restart, your engine would typically crank and not start.

If you have no real idea what caused the problem, I'd recommend a more systematic approach to start. First determine whether the issue is electrical, mechanical, fuel related, etc.

Reply to
hyundaitech