Going for Better Gas Mileage

so Hyundai will NOT be bringing out any hybrid. This is what I was told at my dealership by the Service Manager as well as the dealership manager. They have waited for Hyundai to send them the hybrid enginge
to install in my Sante Fe for $750. Yeseterday the Service Manager called & the Technical Manager told him NO.
But no one told me what gas mileage we will get. 20 city isn't good, I want 40!
yer only getting 20??? I got 29 on my last tank full..;-)
Pete...

Why would you think you could swap drivetrains for $750?
Why do you expect to get 40 MPG with a vehicle as big and heavy as a Santa Fe?
just curious
The Awesome 1 wrote:

What are you talking about? Converting a vehicle to a hybrid is hardly a dealership function.
Matt
Yes, my 2002 4 cyl Santa Fe has gotten 13 mpg city if I fill up with Citgo, BP, or AMOCO. Shell, Marathon get me 20 mpg so I stick with them. Hyundai's paperwork on the car states 19 city (but that is on their track with 91 octane gas in it). Hwy I get 26.