Going Price for a Sonata 4 CYL

I'm looking at a basis Sonata 4-CYL, sticker price of $18,xxx, what should one be able to get this for on a cash deal?

Reply to
Rick

Standard shift or automatic? I paid $16,300 for my standarid shift GL.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Rob

I had a deal on a 4 cylinder which was $220 over invoice on the last day of March. That's not including the $2500 of rebates on the 4 cyl which, were much better then they are currently are now. (We were going to get $1000 manufacturer,$500 loyalty, and $1000 to finance). Unfortunately, they found a dent in the roof when they took the protective paper off. When I saw where the dent was, I knew the car would never be the same. So to my regret, (based on the current gas prices), I got the same exact car only with a V6. This time they gave it to me at invoice, and the rebate was $500 more on the V6 at the time. So, I got the car for about $8,000 less then a similar Camry or Accord, but I am really bummed by the gas mileage which is averaging around 19 mpg. From reading a lot of posts, it looks like the 4 cyl is averaging around 27 mpg to be conservative. This is double the 4 mpg posted difference between the 2 engines as posted in the 2006 Sonata specs. Anyway, I think with the high gas prices, you should be able to get similar deals as I posted above. I think most people will be shopping for a Civic these days. Maybe you can even drive a harder bargin on the

4 cyl now that the rebates are lower. Or wait until the rebates go up, I'm sure they will. They can even change the rebates within the month, they did in March. By the way, we really love the car besides the mileage. That seems to be the common summary for the V6 at least.

Rob wrote:

hotpprs