Good Price??

I was quoted a price of $19,6** for a 2007 Sonata SE fully loaded. I live in NYC. Is this a good price or should I try to work it down some more. Please don't tell me to wait for the '08 since I need the car almost now.

Reply to
Smee

jp103

> I was quoted a price of $19,6** for a 2007 Sonata SE fully loaded. I

Under dealer invoice??? Depending on the engine, the Sonata SE (2007) MSRP's for $19,245 to $22,095. The OP does not mention the engine size or what "fully loaded" mean. He could be looking at a good deal, or he could be looking at MSRP. Never expect that a dealer is willing to lose $3,000 just to sell you a car.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

>> I was quoted a price of $19,6** for a 2007 Sonata SE fully loaded. I

Reply to
jp103

What is the sticker price?

Reply to
jtees4

Selling under invoice is a long established dealer scam. Dealers will sell at a loss sometimes depending on other factors that will or may affect the total value of the deal, but no dealer is simply going to sell at $3000 under their invoice. They'd never recoup that loss over the life of the car in the service bay. Certainly Hyundai will comp the dealer on the back end, but in all likelyhood what is really happening is that you are never really seeing the dealer's real invoice.

Not according to the site you posted the link for yesterday. That's the site where I got my numbers from.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

According to the website for Towne they are 1500 under invoice and 2000 rebate to get the 3500. If you check Fitzmalls site it's approx 3000 under invoice. Again you are right about selling at 3000 under dealer cost but... cost does not necessarily equal invoice. Obviously, the dealers cost does not reflect the invoice price. Fitzmall has two prices "delivered internet" (this would be what an out of state buyer would pay to get the car and never see the dealer again) and "Delivered value price" (which would be for a lifetime loaner and a buyer protection plan). Both of these prices are below factory invoice. Not a shill for any dealer just trying to say that you can get below invoice by a sizable amount if willing to travel or negotiate hard.

I linked to two sites the "Sonata prices paid" site on Edmunds and the Towne "internet special" site. Neither was concerned with the specs of the SE. When I stated "The SE is only available with the 3.3 6. Adding premium package, floor mats and mud guards comes to an invoice of 22825 with an MSRP of 24205" that info wasn't sourced but my source was

to the HyundaiUSA site the SE only comes with the V6.

Reply to
jp103

Reply to
Hyundaisales via CarKB.com

I'm glad to have satisfied you then. Too bad you did not read the entire interchange on this point instead of jumping in the middle of a conversation to express yourself on what was a small part of a conversation.

Reply to
Mike Marlow