GPS Map Gadget

Do you have a GPS mapper in your car ?

If so, where did you mount it ? Is it ( the placement ) convenient ?

I can't find a flat surface on my dashboard to mount the base. And my state frowns on window-mounted anythings..

Can't ride around with the damn thing in my lap.....

???

Reply to
Anonymous

Mounted mine with the suction cup in the lower left corner of windshield by state registration and inspection stickers. Easy to glance at if needed and it does not block the view of the road (partial blockage of the fender). Hard to see from outside the car so a thief is not tempted. You may want to use a "bean bag" type of dash mount instead of suction cup.

Larry

Reply to
Larry W

. There are custom kits for attaching them to the dash. Sorry I can't provide a link but try a Google search.

Reply to
Victek

Amazon has a variety of bean bag mounts

Ed Pawlowski

I got an after market kit that mounts on the center dashboard vents. Easy snap in/out for removal,below window and easily adjusted. Most likely depends on your model of GPS and location/style of your vents for applicability.

Reply to
jp103

I came across this site:

I've never bought from them, but the selection is pretty impressive.

Reply to
Raoul