Groaning front end on '04 Accent

Hello, again~

I've got the 2nd of 3 issues to discuss here...

My Accent Automatic (U.S. version) makes some rather worrying sounds upon moderate to hard acceleration from a stop. I can't tell if it's CV joints, wheel bearings, or the transmission.

It is worse with the wheels turned to one direction or another versus straight ahead, but it still happens in any case. It almost sounds as if the axle is twisting and then releasing as I ease off the gas pedal. Nothing out of the ordinary happens during cornering under light throttle application or contant speed.

I'm taking it in to the dealer soon (my first visit, as I bought it used a year ago and have only put 11K miles on it in that time) and am hoping it will be under warranty. It has been a reliable and smooth running car in every other way. (excepting the battery? and a very minor 3rd issue)

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Dirk Austin TX

Reply to
!bungle

Sounds like CV joints. Since it's a used car, the drivetrain warranty is only 5 years/60K miles.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

I'm at 43K on my '04, dropped it at the dealer today. Thanks!

Dirk

Reply to
!bungle

They claimed it was a loose motor mount. I'm hearing sounds still, but of a slightly different tone. It's only been a very short drive, will reserve judgement 'til later.

Dirk

Reply to
!bungle