H.T. Maybe you can help

While sitting behind the passenger seat, my daughter pulled the pocket away from the passenger seat. I see there is a plastic piece stapled to the pocket with what was once some plug in plastic pillars to hold the pocket on. The pillars seemed to have broken off.

I know I could glue it back on, but would prefer to get the correct part.

I don't even know what to look for or ask for at the parts dept. Could you identify this for me? Any idea where I might get it locally? I am 45 miles away from my Hyundai dealer.

This is for my 2007 Santa Fe Limited.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
jim

So you take the family out for a leisurely ride on a nice spring day. Then you stop at the Hyundai dealer and ask the parts department for the fasteners and describe them as you did here. They may go out and take a look or you show them the broken one and they sell you as many as you need.

Car is fixed, nice family outing, win-win.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The pocket is part of the cover on the back of the seat. You'll need to replace that cover.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I also read Hyundaitech's comment and agree that is the right answer. OTOH I it sounds like you are snapping into thin sheet metal in the seat assembly. It it's the kind of plastic post I think you have I would be tempted to look for a molly expansion anchor for the thinnest material and run it in. I would then use a fender washer or a cup head with a flat head screw to replace the broken posts. Stronger and probably cheaper in the long run. That does assume the screw locations are accessible. ;-)

Just a thought.

Reply to
nothermark

Thanks, yes they are accessible and as put together, you'd think I could just purchase the little plastic piece ($.05 maybe). The plastic piece is about 5 - 6 inches long and has three - now broken - plastic inserts which go into the back of the seat. The plastic piece is held in place with 3 staples.

I was just trying to come up with some way to jerry-rig it. Certainly don't want to spend hundreds for a new cover. I will have to go look at it even more closely now and see if what you suggest might work.

Thanks so much,

Jim

Reply to
jim