H7 low beam headlight bulb life, whats "normal"?

I've got two Hyundai's. Both go through h7 headlight bulbs like they are free. I would guess I'm seeing a 3-6 month life span per bulb. The voltages on both cars are fine, and both alternators have been replaced (one
failed electrically, the other was a bearing) and this bulb failure rate continues with the new alternators. Is this "normal"? That's a lot of headlights! We do run with the headlights on all the time. Is there an compatible h7 type bulb out there with a longer life?
Thanks - Dan
I think keeping the headlamps on all the time is the key. I don't typically see that sort of failure rate, but most people only turn on their headlamps when it's dark. I'd say that under what I see as normal use, lifespan would be about 3 years or so.
Remeber, within the 5/60 warranty period, the headlamp bulbs *are* free. If you've noticed a difference in failure rate between the original bulbs and the replacements you've been putting in, I'd suggest trying a different brand bulb.
Dan K wrote:

I typically get ~6 months out of bulbs. I've been experimenting with different brands (std. Sylvania, SilverStars, PIAA and currently Hella) and haven't found any that last longer so far, but the Hellas are holding up OK so far.
my elantra has H7 headlights and it too goes thru the bulbs like they were free ( 6 months max,) my Santa fe has H4 headlights and so far its been two years on the same set.

I agree with the poster who suggested trying different brands. For example, if you are using Sylvania (any type), consider yourself lucky if you get that much.
I also have two cars that use the H7. My son's Elantra had dim headlights, so he uses the Sylvania SilverStar. They do burn out fast, but he cleared out the clearance rack at Wal Mart when they were offering them for $10 for a two-pack, so he doesn't care.
With my Kia Sedona, I use Phillips headlights. I also run with my headlights on almost all the time, and have no trouble with them. I would estimate bulb life at around 18 months, which I don't think is bad considering how much my lights are on.
But I note that Kia and Hyundai seem to be going away from the H7 as they are re-designing their vehicles. Maybe they discovered the same thing.

I don't know what is the "normal life" for H7 bulb, but I can tell that my '06 Sonata still have the originals bulbs since the purchase, in May 2006.
Shaman
My 99 (that my son has now) and my 2003 (that my daughter has now) Sonatas have never had a bulb replaced in them.
--

"Shaman" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote
in message news:uDhaj.6398$ snipped-for-privacy@weber.videotron.net...

I've been replacing my H7 bulbs (low beam) every six months or so also. I've also read about this problem on another discussion site about Hyundais. Some times one bulb will go out, another time both will go. I've never had this happen in any of my cars before and I've driven with lights on at all times for safety. I've also been buying different bulbs each time.
On my 03 Elantra, I've replaced one bulb. lights on all the time. On my 06 Sonata, I bought Sylvanias, silverstreaks, both went out in one year, replaced with the original OEM bulbs and still on. leave them on all the time too!! 40000 miles on the Elantra and 30000 on the Sonata