Has Hyundai fixed their paint problems?

I have a 2004 Tiburon and I was looking at the new Genesis Coupe at the dealer the other day. Very impressive car. But there is one thing I am unwilling to endure on another Hyundai car and that's the crappy paint such as what is on the Tiburon. Every bird that flys over the car leaves it mark in the paint. There are spots and little pits from street salt. It is awful. Before the Tib I had a Mercury Cougar and as poorly designed as it was I NEVER had one single bird dropping or winter salt leave an etch mark in the paint. Hyundai gets an F for the paint quaility on the Tib.

So have they acknowleged and addressed the intolerable paint quality problems...or not? Because I simply will not buy another Hyundai until I can get some kind of guarantee that they have.

Reply to
Ron

Strange one. We have had 3 Sonata,s with no paint issues whatsoever and kids with 3 Lantras same result. Actually I thought them better than most "Australian" cars and some Japanese. At least the orange peel is not standard!. Down in Aust at the moment we have a lot of Fords with "Shockwave Blue" where the paint literally washes off if a hose is applied. Ford in its inimitable fashion isnt worrying much. John

Reply to
John

Ive had some small paint problems on the hood of my 2002 Santa Fe , where the paint wasnt sprayed on thick enough at the factory. But its not a deal-breaker on me staying with Hyundais.

Reply to
ilbebauck