having an odd eletrical problem.

Hello,
    So randomly my cigarette adapter doesn't seem to be supplying power or at least full power. I was wondering if there is a way to check it
officially.
    What I mean is that all of a sudden it's not running my GPS or charging my cell phone which it did well untill like a week ago. First the cell phone charger went now today it stopped running the GPS. The odd thing is that the led on the charger is working. So I know there is power.
    So some stupid issue is going on and I want to know a good why to tackle it before I go to the dealer or some other service center.
Thanks,
TC
TC wrote:

I forgot to mention I have a Hyundai Accent 2002
try cleaning it out with a q tip and alchohol (make sure u unplug the battery first!) Swab all inside of the hole, and pay attention to the end on the inside... might be gunked up and not making contact...

You may need to give the plug in a twist or two in order to make good contacts. The male end of the plug may need a quick clean and buff with emory cloth / sandpaper. If it gets too annoying, replacement sockets are cheap and easy to replace. This type of thing is common to many vehicles.
If the LED illuminates, that's an indication that your issue may be with the adaptor or device or some connection in between. If there are inline fuses in your adaptors, be sure to check those.