Head Gasket Failures

In Australia at least, the Kia "Carnival" V6 built around 2002 had a lot of head gasket failures and Kia elected to replace the entire engine I
believe. This engine was sourced from Hyundai but I,ve never heard of similar issues with the same engine, same dates in a Hyundai. I,ve a 2002 V6 Sonata so have more than a casual interest!
Hyundai head gasket failures in the U.S. are very rare.