Headlight and stop light bulbs

Hi there,

I have a 1999 hyundai accent. Headlight and the rear stop light (the rear windsheild lamp) bulbs don't seem to be working.

1) I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the rear stop light bulb. Do I open the lamp assembly? If so, I removed the screws, but the lamp doesn't come out!

2) What kind are the original headlights - Halogen or Xenon? Is there a way to identify them since the stores carry both kinds?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
ab sell

Did you look in your owner's manual?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

The original headlights are Halogen.

"ab sell" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Ghislain

Thanks. I looked in the owners manual, but it doesn't tell you much.

The original bulb is kinda pointed in shape and the replacement bulb (#

9004, I believe) is round.

Ghisla> The original headlights are Halogen.

Reply to
ab sell

Did you buy the replacement from the dealer?

"ab sell" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com... Thanks. I looked in the owners manual, but it doesn't tell you much.

The original bulb is kinda pointed in shape and the replacement bulb (#

9004, I believe) is round.

Ghisla> The original headlights are Halogen.

Reply to
Ghislain

The stop light bulbs usually can be accessed by removing the inner trunk panel. If you are replacing the headlight bulbs ?? IF you can afford it Get the Sylvania ULTRA Stars 9004 & polish up the headlights makes a big improvement in visability at night

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

Thanks. How do I exactly remove the inner trunk panel. I did not find any screws, and I didn't want to pull the panel and rip it. However, is that how I open it - by just pulling the panel?

As for the headlights, like I said the shapes of Sylvania 9004 and the original that is in there is different. The original looks like this:

Sylvania looks similar but does not have the coating on the top.

sqdancerLynn wrote:

Reply to
ab sell

There should be three phillips or 10mm bolts holding the lamp on. You'll need to remove a small plastic piece away from the trim panel under the lamp to access the bolts. After removing the lamp, you'll need to remove the four or five Phillips screws and disassemble it.

Once apart, check the tightness of the ground wire screw. Often, the connection gets hot and melts the plastic, causing the connection to be loose. I usually resolve this by removing the screw and transferring the ground wire on top of the socket flange.

Reply to
hyundaitech