Health alert : Dont turn on your cars a/c right away ; instead, keep windows down to let dangerous Benzene escape in hot weather.

This came across my email inbox today and just want to give everyone a headsup.... ____________________________________________________
CAR AIR-CONDITIONING - VERY IMPORTANT!

My car book says to roll down the windows to let out all the hot air before turning on A/C.
WHY? Car Air-conditioning - No wonder more folks are dying from cancer than ever before. We wonder where this stuff comes from but here is an example that explains a lot of the cancer causing incidents.
Many people are in their cars first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, 7 days a week. As I read this, it makes me feel guilty and ill. Please pass this on to as many people as possible. Guess it's not too late to make some changes
Car A/C (Air Conditioning) MUST READ!!!
Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.
Open the windows after you enter your car and then turn ON the AC after a couple of minutes.
Here's why: According to research, the car dashboard, seats and air freshener emit Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin (carcinogen - take time to observe the smell of heated plastic in your car).
In addition to causing cancer, Benzene poisons your bones, causes anemia and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer. Can also cause miscarriage.
Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft. A car parked indoors with windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene. If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level.
People who get into the car, keeping windows closed will inevitably inhale, in quick succession, excessive amounts of the toxin. Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver.. What's worse, it is extremely difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.
So friends, please open the windows and door of your car - give time for interior to air out -dispel the deadly stuff - before you enter.
Thought: 'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'
This is what snopes.com says. It is not the air conditioning in the car but the Benzene producing agents that cause cancer. http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/benzene.asp

OMG!!! We're all gonna DIE! (sooner or later)
Careful suggesting something like that to Dave. He'll believe almost anything he reads or hears on Usenet

Ed, It is found in the manufacture of plastics...the kind that modern cars are replete with . The Benzene odors are emitted during high ambient temperatures like when a cars interior heats up in the direct sunlight during the summer. The idea is to reduce the amount of collected gases from the enclosed area of a cars interior by diluting/ exhausting thru windows rolled down .