help Accent trunk lamp

Hi, I have a strange problem with my accent GSI 2002. My dash trunk open light and my trunk lamp are always on. But the strange part is that vwhen I press the break. The both lamp goes off. If I release the break the lamp goes on again. I check the schematic there is no conection with the break circuit. I mesure the voltage at the lamp and I mesure that: power side 12V, gnd side 0.7V or 12 V when break is press. Could you help me with that.

Thank you

Reply to
mgilbert

Check all your interior and exterior fuses. I seem to recall this occurring when one of the fuses blows, but I'm not sure which one.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I check all the fuse but I didn`t see anyone burn. Do you have any other sugestion. thank you

Reply to
mgilbert

Which wire has power when the brakes aren't on: the orange/black or the green/orange wire?

Reply to
hyundaitech

Where do I look for those wire color?

Reply to
mgilbert

"I mesure that: power side 12V, gnd side 0.7V or 12 V when break is press. Could you help me with that."

So I'm looking for the wire colors wherever you made this measurement. I'm presuming it's at the trunk lamp, but if it's elsewhere, tell me where it is. What's the wire color of the wire with the 12V, and what's the wire color of the wire with the voltage that depends on brake application? Per the shop manual, one wire going to the trunk lamp is orange/black and the other is green/orange.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I took the other mesurement at the dash lamp. I just take the mesurement at the trunk lamp and here the result: Wire orange/ black

12.5 V with or without break (lamp unplug) wire Green/orange without break : 0.1V with break 10.9V. I hope you will able to help me with that info.

Thank you

Reply to
mgilbert