help Accent trunk lamp

Hi, I have a strange problem with my accent GSI 2002. My dash trunk open light and my trunk lamp are always on. But the strange part is that vwhen I press the break. The both lamp goes off. If I release the break the lamp goes on again. I check the schematic there is no conection with the break circuit. I mesure the voltage at the lamp and I mesure that: power side 12V, gnd side 0.7V or 12 V when break is press. I took the mesurement at the dash lamp. I also take mesurement at the trunk lamp and here the result: Wire orange/ black

12.5 V with or without break (lamp unplug) wire Green/orange without break : 0.1V with break 10.9V. I hope someone will able to help me with that info.

Thank you

Reply to
mgilbert

Check your room lamp fuse in the underhood fuse box. It's possible that power may backfeed from elxewhere if this fuse is blown. If your dome lamp doesn't work properly, that's a very good indicator that this fuse is probably blown.

Unplug your liftgate latch. If the condition continues, you've just verified that it has nothing to do with the liftgate switch.

Next, unplug the ETACM (electronic time and alarm control module). If the problem goes away, you know that the issue is due to the lamps grounding through the ETACM. If that's the case, go back and verify that all the fuses that feed the ETACM are in proper working order. If so, you should next check the ETACM ground G04 behind the left kick panel.

You'll find

very helpful. You can view the schematics for your vehicle (and other information). Simply go to
register for a free account, and make sure you satisfy the site requirements. Schematics are in the ETM section.

Reply to
hyundaitech