HELP elantra 97 water leak

Hello
1. Discovered my 97 lantra 1.8 gls wagon is using a lot of water [1 litre a week] I have since discovered that the leak is from the lower water hose where it connects to a 'pipe' near the exhaust manifold
[this water hose is below the one that goes from the top of the raidator to the pump] a mechanic a year ago mentioned that the hose is ok it is just that the pipe the hose connects too is "crumbing".
Can anyone tell me what this part is and how expensive it is ? [I am waiting for my library reserve on the Hayes workshop manual to arrive]
2. I also noticed the 3 front frost/freeze plugs are significantly corroded but while the engining is running no leaking - prehaps these also leaked by the pressure is off them since the obvious leak is the above mentioned water pipe housing ?
150,000 kms/92,000 miles
Regards
I dont recall having to replace one of these coolant pipes, but the part shouldnt be terribly expensive. Its possible that youll need to move the exhaust manifold to get it out.
"xlink_nz" wrote: > Hello > > 1. Discovered my 97 lantra 1.8 gls wagon is using a lot of > water [1 > litre a week] I have since discovered that the leak is from > the lower > water hose where it connects to a 'pipe' near the exhaust > manifold > [this water hose is below the one that goes from the top of > the > raidator to the pump] a mechanic a year ago mentioned that the > hose is > ok it is just that the pipe the hose connects too is > "crumbing". > > Can anyone tell me what this part is and how expensive it is ? > [I am > waiting for my library reserve on the Hayes workshop manual to > arrive] > > 2. I also noticed the 3 front frost/freeze plugs are > significantly > corroded but while the engining is running no leaking - > prehaps these > also leaked by the pressure is off them since the obvious leak > is the > above mentioned water pipe housing ? > > 150,000 kms/92,000 miles > > Regards